If a record has downloadable content, a Download button appears next to the Full Record button for the Data Record in the search results panel. A Download button also appears in the upper left-hand corner of the Full Record page. Southcentral Alaska Science Catalog has the ability to host data locally and to provide links to remotely hosted data. Data can be downloaded in both instances by following the instructions provided below.
To Begin Downloading Data
Click the Download button from either the Search Results or Full Record views.
For Locally Hosted Data
- Navigate to the folder where you wish to save the zip file.
- Each record may contain several individual files in various formats. All data downloads from locally hosted records are distributed as a single zip file containing all files associated with the record.
Important: Access to certain locally hosted data records is limited by the agency providing the data. If you attempt to download a Secure Data System (SDS) record, you may be prompted for more information before proceeding. To complete such downloads, fill out the the form that is provided and follow instructions. To learn more about SDS records and why they exist, please see the FAQ section on the Help page.
For Remotely Hosted Data
- A pop-up window will appear notifying you that "This download is not available locally" and direct you to click on the button below to go to the remote download site.
- Click the button below the notification to download the data, or navigate to the website where the data is hosted.
- If the button prompts you to save a file, navigate to the folder where you wish to save the file, and press Save.
- If the file is delivered by the external site as a zipped folder, extract the compressed (zipped) folders using software available on your system.
Important:Be advised that for remotely hosted data, delivery formats may vary, and instructions above may not apply to all remotely linked data records. If this is the case, please follow the download instructions provided by the host agency/group.